Study in Hong KongHong Kong aspires to be a regional education hub. Not only do many non-local students choose Hong Kong as a destination for their higher education, but many also choose the city for student exchange and research opportunities.
The Education Bureau of the Hong Kong government has set up the ‘Study in Hong Kong’ website which serves as a comprehensive, one-stop portal for information related to studying in Hong Kong.
Why choose Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is:
- home to some of the world’s top 50 universities including those ranked 1st, 2nd and 7th in Asia in 2013.
- an international city where both English and Chinese are official languages and English is used as teaching medium in most university courses.
- a melting pot of Eastern and Western cultures with diversity in lifestyle.
- the perfect gateway to career prospects in Mainland China and Asia in which over 3,700 overseas companies have based their Asia-Pacific operations, employing over 200,000 people.
- a cosmopolitan city offering super global, regional and local connectivity.
- a unique destination consisting of beautiful countryside punctuated by a dramatic skyline filled with skyscrapers.
A number of scholarships and awards are offered by the Hong Kong Government, post-secondary institutions and other public or private organisations to assist both local and non-local students finance their education in Hong Kong.
Learn more about scholarship opportunities.
New Colombo Plan
Hong Kong is part of the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan which assists Australian undergraduate students to study and take up internships in the Asian Pacific region.
Learn more about the New Colombo Plan.